One of the most ridiculous ways in which Robin Edgar carries on his crusade is to pick one comment by one UU blogger (often out of context) and make it appear to be absolutely true for all Unitarian Universalists everywhere.
Such is his recent appropriation of Reverend Tont Lorentzen’s opinion that UUs ‘suck’ at feeding the hungry. Mister Edgar would have us believe that this minister will (or should) be subjected to ‘UU bullying’ for his ‘defamation’.
Of course, he doesn’t mention how he has been bullying, harassing and maligning UUs for nearly two decades now, in a personal vendetta of misguided narcissism.
Nor did he even bother to demonstrate that Lorentzen’s opinion is indeed untrue. A simple websearch (remember those, Mister Edgar) would have revealed the following UU congregations with projects or partnerships on feeding the hungry in various communities:
- UU Church of Columbus
- UU Congregation of Monmouth County
- UU Church in Summit
- UU Church in Cherry Hill
- Gloucester UU Church
- Hope UU Church in Tulsa
- Magic Valley UU Fellowship
- UU Congregation in Santa Rosa
- East Shore UU Church
- First Parish UU Church in Canton
- UU Fellowship of Fayetteville
- UUs of Santa Clarita Valley
- Cedar Lane UU Church
- UU Church of Savannah
- UU Church of Muncie
- UU Congregation of Shelter Rock
- UU Church of Rockville
- UU Congregation of Lakeland
- Harbor UU Congregation
- Tennessee Valley UU Church
- UU Congregation of Hillsboro
- UU Church of Reading
- UU Fellowship of Huntington
- First Parish UU Church in Bridgewater
- UU Church of Haverhill
- UU Fellowship of Waco
- UU Congregation of the Quad Cities
Perhaps Mister Edgar should ‘eat his own words’ – or even bother to do some good himself, like volunteering for a worthy program in Montreal, rather than ranting and picketing and lashing out.